Listen... the Edmonton Symphony Orchestra is playing

http://www.edmontonsymphony.com/

Thursday, May 7, 2009

Catching up

I can't believe how fast this week is going, so I'm packing in several important things into a single post!


First - ESO Staff and Musicians do the Neutron Dance:



So now we've done it, Bill's done it, and it's your turn! Show us your best Neutron Dance to win a pair of tickets to see the Pointer Sisters perform with your ESO!  Simply upload your video that showcases your groovin’ moves to YouTube and email me the link.

Next, Jim Tustian has posted the first part of his review of the April 16th performance. This portion further explores the role of bloggers and tweeters in communicating to a wider audience.

And finally, this weekend the ESO is performing Holst's The Planets. I've put together a montage of NASA images, video and animation to be projected while the piece is performed. I've included the Mars movement below:



Plus, I hear there will be telescopes on hand - hope you can join us!

Share/Save/Bookmark

1 comment:

John Brough said...

was able to see the most of the dress rehearsal with the photos last night (except for the Neptune, where I was conducting the off stage chorus), and it is stunning!